Re: 2.2.0 Bug summary

Trond Myklebust (trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no)
08 Jan 1999 15:37:03 +0100

Alan Cox <alan@terrorserver.swansea.linux.org.uk> writes:

> Ok this is the collated 'bad bug set', also the -ac diffs divided up
> into the relevant sections
>

> Unfixed but not vital
>
> o NFS performance to 8K page sized BSD boxes sucks rocks, 2.0.x
> is about 5 times faster

I should perhaps point out that this is 'fixed' (for the 'wsize'
case at least) in Olaf Kirch's latest(/last?) NFSv3 patch.

Since Olaf himself seems to have abandoned the project for the
moment, I've rather unofficially started the work of completing his
NFSv3 code. I therefore expect it to be possible to start addressing
this issue at some fairly early point of the v2.3 cycle.
A backport to v2.2 could then perhaps be made available to the brave...

Cheers,
Trond