Re: 2.2.0-pre[23] cannot modularize Packet Socket

Kevin Burtch (kburtch@bellsouth.net)
Sun, 03 Jan 1999 20:46:03 -0500 (EST)

On 03-Jan-99 Andi Kleen wrote:
>> /lib/modules/2.2.0-pre3/misc/af_packet.o: unresolved symbol rtnl_wlockct
>> /lib/modules/2.2.0-pre3/misc/af_packet.o: unresolved symbol rtnl
>
> But these symbols are exported when CONFIG_RTNETLINK is defined. Are you
> sure that you compiled the kernel (not the module!) with CONFIG_RTNETLINK=y
> ?
>
> -Andi

Yes.
Same problem exists with 2.2.0-pre4 too.

Should this dependency exist between these two selections?
It is possible (using make xconfig) to select Packet Socket as a module
without selecting Routing Messages. (I must be missing something here...)

-Kevin