Re: pgcc optimizationss

Petko Manolov (petkan@varel.bg)
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 15:17:31 +0200

--------------701524A68EA798228A806CDA

Alan Cox wrote:

> Last time I checked it seem to only add one thing for O3 and higher and
> that was gratuitous inlining

Acording to pgcc docs -O6 enables almost twice more options than -O3

> -fno-inline will stop all the inlining AFAIK, that'll break stuff

No, functions declared/defined inline _are_ inlined if -Ox (x >= 1) used.

--
Petko Manolov - petkan@varel.bg
http://www.varel.bg/~petkan/

--------------701524A68EA798228A806CDA Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit