Re: Missing help entries, 2.1.131ac9

Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 19:53:55 +0000 (GMT)

Philip Blundell writes:
> >You asked for it... courtesy of Meelis Roos (mroos@tartu.cyber.ee)'s
> >scripts/checkhelp.pl:
>
> Thanks. Here's a patch for a few of the missing ones. I'll write some more
> later if I have time.

I would've liked you to have done the common courtesy and given me a chance
to add my own options to that patch/pointed it in my direction.

+Debug kernel errors
+CONFIG_DEBUG_ERRORS
+ This option controls extra debugging information which can be printed when
+ the kernel detects an internal error. Debugging is always a good idea and
+ it's safe for everyone to say Y.
+

Please change this to:

This option controls verbose debugging information which can be printed
when the kernel detects an internal error. Verbose debugging information
is useful when tracking down kernel problems, but it will be meaning less
for non-kernel hackers. It's safe for everyone to say Y.

+
+Initial kernel command line
+CONFIG_CMDLINE
+ On some machines there is no way for the bootloader to pass arguments
+ to the kernel. If this is the case you can supply some command-line
+ options at build time by entering them here.

On some architectures (EBSA285, EBSA110 and Corel Netwinder), there is
currently no way for the boot loader to pass arguments to the kernel.
For these architectures, you should supply some command-line options
at build time by entering them here. As a minimum, you should specify
the memory size and the root device (eg, mem=64M root=/dev/nfs)
_____
| | | | http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/aboutme.html / / |
/ | THE developer of ARM Linux |+| /|\