Re: 2.1.129 Scheduling Issue?

Michael K Vance (mkv102@psu.edu)
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 23:20:02 -0500

"Michael H. Warfield" wrote:

> 2.1.127/128/129 have a problem when compiled with SMP disabled that
> many of us have called the 127/128 flu. A fix did not make it into 2.1.129
> but a fix announced by Linus via E-Mail did make it into Alan Cox's second
> patch set to 2.1.129 (2.1.129ac2). His patch level is currently at ac3.

Forgive me for not mentioning it, but I knew of the patch, and even have a
copy of it. It had not been applied (as I mentioned). But the symptoms other
people were reporting seemed different than mine, specifically, theirs was
more drastic. I'm trying to get the behaviour to re-emerge, with little luck
right now (third compile of glibc-2.0.103 today ;).

Thanks, though.

> My compile of 2.1.129ac3 UP has now been running for over a day and
> a half with no sign of "da flu". Yeah!!!

The patch seems to work quite well.

m.

--
"Up above aliens hover making home movies for the folks back home, of all
these weird creatures who lock up their spirits, drill holes in themselves