Re: Linux-2.1.129.. not quite 2.2 yet, I hope.

Steven N. Hirsch (shirsch@adelphia.net)
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 10:05:18 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 21 Nov 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

> > probably miss several high-end server opportunities; without NFS v3, it's
> > very hard to communicate with AIX-servers, for instance, as those defaults
> > to believe you have NFS v3.
>
> Thats a bug in one end or the other. Either we are advertising nfsv3 mounts
> or AIX can't count. Could be either end ;)

The former. I originally diagnosed this problem when mounts from my
ancient DEC VAXStation (NetBSD Unix) failed against 2.1.x knfsd. It was
dutifully reported to HJ, who was kind enough to provide a command line
switch to inhibit this silly behavior.

See latest knfsd-utils distribution.

Steve