Re: 2.1.128 Oops

Andy Higgins (higgins@ns.vvm.com)
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 13:25:31 -0600 (EST)

Hi Alan,

No we haven't tried the final 36 I should have said 36preX..(apologies
:)).. I was under the impression from previous posts that SMP work was
being put mainly into 2.1.X series and so we abandoned 2.0.X series about
2 months ago.. in an attempt to solve the lockups. (However, having said
that I have seen that there is a lot of effort in the 2.0 series to
improve/stabilize SMP..so perhaps our reasoning was flawed in moving to
2.1?)

For our production machines would the recommendations be to return to the
2.0.X for SMP? Was the oops I posted of any help in pointing to the
possible source of the problem?

Regards,

Andy