Re: Sound still broken but has improved a bit.

A Guy Called Tyketto (bradl@aurania.ml.org)
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 10:38:00 -0800

On Tue, Nov 17, 1998 at 01:49:48AM +0000, Michel Catudal wrote:
> Alan Cox wrote:
> >
> > because real would never have fixed the bug until we changed the kernel,
> > they;ve had about 3 months notice.
>
> This reminds me of Microsoft's behavior. Just look at the
> programs that no longer works with winblows 98.
>
> You're heading in the same direction ...
>
> The ones hurt is the Linux community not Real Audio.

So, you're saying that they should have left a bug in a driver, that
could affect things further down the line in kernel production, for the sake of
one application? I'm upset that rvplayer 5.0 isn't working either, and that
Real hasn't made a fix for it, but I would rather live without that, than to
have a buggy driver in my kernel. Kudos to those who fixed the bug, and to
those making sound better in the kernel.

BL.

--
Brad Littlejohn                         | Email:        tyketto@omnilinx.net
Unix Systems Administrator,             |            tyketto@acm.unomaha.edu