Re: i386 boot & mm gurus' advice needed (int 0x15/0xE820 support)

Cyrille Chepelov (chepelov@rip.ens-cachan.fr)
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 15:18:33 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, Martin Mares wrote:

> > I actually tried the place at 0x400 -- it did froze at boot (wonder why
> > :-))
>
> I meant using it as a final destination -- first fetch it to some
> temporary buffer and then move it there -- see do_move in setup.S.

Huh, ah, yes, now I understand better.
Now I just got to find a kilobyte somewhere in lowmem which wouldn't break
bzImage or simple zImage (how about end_low_memory - 1k ?), query
in15/E820, and after do_move in setup.S, copy that buffer down to
(PARAM + 0x400). Right ?

-- Cyrille