Re: .wav output and SB16

Daniel J. Rodriksson (djr@dit.upm.es)
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 09:38:50 +0100

Zlatko Calusic wrote:

> And who is talking about cating files to devices?
>
> We have a real application problem here, and it took me some hours to
> resolve it. SBFDX produces trouble, that's for sure. Try it
> yourself. Run Quake2 (probably also Quake) on 2.1.125 and 2.1.126.
> Can you hear a difference?

Yes I hear it myself. But the original poster of this thread was talking about
catting au and wav files to /dev/dsp. He wasn't using any kind of program and
he expected his 16 bit file to be played as 8 bit and still get some nice
output.

And to remove full duplex support, there is no need to unpatch the whole
support but just to remove the line that says:

devc->duplex = ( devc->dma8 != devc->dma16 && devc->dma16 != -1 )

That will make the driver behave as usual. This is so, as one of my goals when
creating the patch was to remain compatible with the old behaviour ( apart from

the direct mmap problem ).

Cheers

--
|         Remember Scotch: 'THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE'             |