RE: Linux Splash Screen

Greaves Tristan TM (Tristan.Greaves@icl.com)
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 09:47:40 -0000

Jens,

That's a Lilo hack though. I believe the original poster was after a way to
make
*Linux* itself display the splash screen while the kernel was initialising
itself,
detecting devices, that sort of thing.

I'm after something like this as well. It is another step in making Linux
look
presentable to the average computer user.

Tris.

---
Tristan Greaves                        (Systems Integrator)
Enterprise Solutions
ICL                                  Tel: +44 (0)1344 472512
Lovelace Road                     Mobile: +44 (0)7970 194624
Bracknell RG12 8SN                  Mail: Tristan.Greaves@icl.com