Re: dying samba mounts

Eloy A. Paris (eparis@ven.ra.rockwell.com)
10 Nov 1998 17:20:48 GMT

I think the problem here is that the NT box that is acting as server
is closing the connection because it is idle and the smbmount program
is not reconnecting, probably because it is not programmed to do so.

I think I once heard Volker Lendecke (the author of smbfs) say that
the reason that all the connection stuff was put in user mode was
because Samba currently does an excellent job in connecting to SMB
servers and that it did not make sense to re-write all that stuff in
the kernel.

However, I think that the reconnection stuff is not in smbfs yet...

peloy.-