Re: New Solaris 7 features

Harald Dunkel (dunkel@Synopsys.COM)
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 09:13:12 +0100

Alan Cox wrote:

> > - Arithmetic computations get to use 64-bit registers and operations
>
> Except on the half of the ultrasparcs, where 64bit stuff is
> mostly disabled because of CPU bugs ;) (See Bugtraq)

Maybe it's beyond the scope of this mailing list, but:

How can I check whether an Ultra workstation running SunOS 5.7
uses 64bit features instead of workarounds based on the old
32bit functionality? I would like to get an algorithm to
identify these broken CPUs.

Regards

Harri

--
Harald Dunkel | dunkel@Synopsys.COM | O glücklich, wer noch hoffen kann,
Synopsys GmbH | Kaiserstr. 100      | aus diesem Meer des Irrtums