Re: why umsdos?

Matija Nalis (mnalis@public.srce.hr)
Mon, 9 Nov 98 19:58 MET

On Sun, 8 Nov 1998 15:19:15 +0100, Matthew Wilcox <Matthew.Wilcox@genedata.com> wrote:

>I don't like umsdos personally. Have you considered using a file on the
>msdos filesystem with an ext2 filesystem on it instead? I have a machine
>with its root filesystem mounted on /dev/loop0. A little playing with

Yes. Only problem is, it stays fixed as it is created. It will not
dynamically grow/shrink as you add files to it; you are limited by what you
create it...

>initrd makes this quite easy. This means you have no need for a untfs
>(and in my case, no need for a uadfs).

Actually, something like *BSD's "stackable filesystem" would be best
solution. Go ahead if you feel like it. If you succeed, I'll switch over for
sure.

--
Opinions above are GNU-copylefted.