Re: ISDN audio oops and failure to receive data

Henner Eisen (eis@baty.hanse.de)
09 Nov 1998 21:53:15 +0100

David Woodhouse <David.Woodhouse@mvhi.com> writes:

> I was trying to get ISDN audio to work on my Teles 16.3 PnP, using minicom
> after vbox failed to receive incoming messages, leaving only empty files.

[ ... ]

> Could this be another symptom of the same problem with packet queue handling
> which is sometimes causing outgoing packets to be queued forever?
> (cf. http://www.linuxhq.com/lnxlists/linux-kernel/lk_9809_02/msg00075.html )

I don't think the problems are related as the oops seems related to
the isdn_tty specific code that is not touched at all by the isdn_net code.

My impression is that the net problems are isdn_ppp specific. At least
I havn't seens any similar report with raw-ip encapsulation.
I also detected another race condition in the isdn_ppp code that might be
responsible for the occasionally observed tcp stalls.

As regards the isdn_ppp stalls? Recently, I observed such a stall myself.
A ping running while the bad-performing tcp connection was active reported
several duplicated packets. Did anybody observe similar things during the
stall?

Henner