Re: A new knfsd

Steven N. Hirsch (shirsch@adelphia.net)
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 08:14:44 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, H.J. Lu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have some bug fixes for knfsd-981022. Unfortunately, Linux 2.1.126
> doesn't boot on my machine. I am waiting for 2.1.127. Should I make
> a new knfsd without any new kernel patches, or wait for 2.1.127 and
> fix whatever is broken in 2.1.127?

HJ,

I'll vote for waiting. IIRC, you use NIS on your network, correct? If
so, I'll be very curious to hear if it still works for you with 2.1.127
(after 2.1.127-pre2).

Can _anyone_ confirm that NIS services are operational for them under
2.1.127-pre3 or pre7? I've been pulling my hair out for almost a week
trying to fathom what broke it..

Steve