Re: Volume Managers in Linux

Andreas Kostyrka (andreas@rainbow.studorg.tuwien.ac.at)
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 10:00:28 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Gregory Maxwell wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Florian Lohoff wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Nov 04, 1998 at 01:22:31PM +0100, Hans Eric Sandström wrote:
> > > [I use two partition.. swap and /]
> >
> > Its great if a user floods /tmp and you email system wont accept email anymore
> > because the /var/spool/mail and /var/spool/mqueue is full.
>
> Bullshit. It's your fault for not putting quotas on it.
Hmmm.Ok, for starters:
-) How do you enable quotas >32bit?
Say luser X may produce 5GB data trash *g*?
-) How do you express with quotas that you don't care about files below x
but REALLY care about the other ones. Example: I (with some of our
clients) ``don't care'' about /var, because on these sites only lpr
will be affected. WHAT I care about is /home, that contains data files
from software that I didn't test for ``disk full'' conditions.

Andreas