Re: An Idea...

Ken D'Ambrosio (kend@summa4.com)
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 03:45:59 -0500 (EST)

*sigh* No, Bachs is a PC-x86 emulator that runs under U*ix. And, yes, it
runs pretty well, so long as you don't mind the inherent slowness of
software emulating hardware. And, no, it's not "commercial grade," and
neither are any of the currently-available Windows emulators that run
under Linux. I mean, I take my hat off to the Wine guys (they're trying
to accomplish a task akin to landing an airplane, at night, in a storm,
with fog, and no instruments), but Wine just is NOT ready for prime time.
And, to the best of my knowledge, there is no other currently-available PC
emulator that runs 32 bit Windows stuff. Sure, Wabi was cool... but it's
essentially dead, now. I hope that Corel is able to add whatever
resources are needed to get Wine going...

-Ken