Re: Storage Tek STL's

Cameron Heide (cheide@harbor.ab.ca)
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 15:37:34 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, The Doctor What wrote:

> Does anyone know if Storage Tek's DLT Storage Tape Libraries work with
> Linux? The drives are SCSI tape devices and should pose no/little
> problems, however, the tape mounting mechanism (which works via RPC) is
> the real unknown quantity.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> docwhat@gerf.org

I've got an STK9714 handy and although I haven't tried it with Linux yet,
it has a fairly simple SCSI command set (query tape/drive elements, move
tape, get barcode, etc.). Should be accessible through the generic SCSI
devices.

There's also the ACSAPI interface, which provides higher-level
management and catalogueing, and might be what you're thinking of.
StorageTek doesn't have a Linux version of this as far as I know, but you
do get the source with the development kit.

--
Cameron Heide (cheide@harbor.ab.ca)