Re: Patch submission

Rik van Riel (H.H.vanRiel@phys.uu.nl)
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 20:39:53 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998 tmuller@agora.rdrop.com wrote:

> Finally, I think that patch submittal needs to go through a series
> of peer revisions and that Linus should only accept patches through
> these peer channels. I'm not saying how this should be implimented,
> only that it SHOULD be implimented.

We already do. I for one am in the Linux MM group, I
do 'our' homepage and give info on what we're busy
with etc... Most of our technical discussions are
handled on our own mailing list.

The same thing goes for the other subsystem teams,
but even after that, there are still too many
patches for a single person to both handle and
remain in a sane and healthy state.

And then there are the 'rouge' hackers who'll just
code something up and mailbomb Linus with their
patches, but I suspect those can be dealt with
rather quickly...

Rik.