Re: Building Big Ass Linux Machine, what are the limits?

Mitchell Blank Jr (mitch@execpc.com)
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 06:39:40 -0500

Redvers Davies wrote:
> Obviously this is completely impractical for some applications (EG: news,
> mailservers etc) - But, in principle, would it be feasable to add this
> functionality into the journalling filesystem ?

It would be better implemented as a new filesystem that could be layered
atop any other filesystem. That would also be neat from a managment
perspective, since it would allow you to use standard tools for dealing
with the archived files by looking using the underlying filesystem's
mount point.

Besides I want to see Stephen's journaling filesystem as soon as
humanly possible... go Stephen, go!

-Mitch