Re: nfs_lookup_revalidate: %s fh changed

Bill Hawes (whawes@transmeta.com)
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 11:27:44 -0700

Olaf Titz wrote:

> It looks like most stat() operations in an NFS mounted filesystem give
> the above message, so I'm getting swamped in them doing "make" or
> "rdist". (Linux 2.1.122)
>
> Looking at the source, it appears these are basically debugging stuff
> and can safely be removed. Am I right?

Hi Olaf,

You're correct that the messages are for debugging, but I'm curious as to why
you're getting so many. Which server are you using?

The message basically means that in trying to reuse a dentry we had a
successful lookup, but because the fh changed we're going to have to make a
new dentry.

Are other people seeing lots of these too?

Regards,
Bill