Re: modules-net-pf-4 & pf -5

William Stearns (wstearns@pobox.com)
Sat, 29 Aug 1998 13:05:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 29 Aug 1998, LJP wrote:

> Could someone be so kind as to tell me what network proto this pertains
> to and what kernel config I could find this in. ( if it IS a devel kernel

These (harmless) messages refer to the IPX and Appletalk
protocols. If you don't use X.25, IPX or Appletalk, add the following to
/etc/conf.modules (or /etc/modules.conf, whichever you use) and the
messages will disappear no matter what kernel you use.

alias net-pf-3 off # Forget X.25
alias net-pf-4 off # Forget IPX
alias net-pf-5 off # Forget Appletalk

Cheers,