Re: Mach64 broken with blue on >vga size textmode (was: Linux Console

Jeff Lightfoot (thefoot2@ykt0.attnet.or.jp)
22 Aug 1998 10:50:56 +0900

Bryn Paul Arnold Jones wrote:
>> It also works fine, except
>> one thing. The blue text is overlined (= there's a line over
>> it). I mean ls --color=yes, vim with syntax highlighting and
>> echo -e "\033[34m" produce blue text which has a line over it.
>> It doesn't look too good. See the "screenshot" ;) :
>>

>Yes I see that too, I've just been ignoring it. I seem to remember that
>it also happens with vga=ext too, but don't quote me on that as it's
>been a very long time since I've used that mode ;).

This has been like this for almost forever. My favorite mode 100x30 had
that blue "overline" for the last 3+ years. So it didn't just happen in the
latest development kernels. I figured it was a Mach64 problem, or may be
related to the following comp.os.linux.misc message:

http://www.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?AN=296865781

View the thread and you will see my crying about 100x30. :-)