Re: ncr53c8xx and SCSI problems: please help

Riccardo Facchetti (fizban@tin.it)
Tue, 18 Aug 1998 21:04:08 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, Gerard Roudier wrote:

> The SCSI system seems locked up.
>
> Seems the FUJITSU (removable) have problems with the medium and messes up
> the SCSI BUS is such a situation.

The FUJITSU don't have the medium into it and this is the explanation of
the sdb problem.

The FUJITSU is a MO drive and for past experences I refuse to
mantain a cartridge in it. This MO seems to go to (hardware) ruin if I
mantain a cartridge loaded indefinitely into it.
I know this is my problem but .. hmm .. I don't want to lose the MO drive.
I will try to mantain a media loaded in the next days but this is not a
solution for me.

Do you know any other solution for this problem ?
May be using another scsi controller to plug the fujitsu ?

And .. the fireball firmware ? Is it true that is bogus ?

Ciao,
Riccardo.