Re: ncr53c8xx and SCSI problems: please help

Riccardo Facchetti (fizban@tin.it)
Tue, 18 Aug 1998 20:55:49 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, Terry L Ridder wrote:

> Riccardo Facchetti wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > I have a problem with my new FIREBALL SE6.4S scsi disk.
>
> <major snip>

[...]

> The Quantum Fireball's have a bug in the disk rom.
> There is an "unofficial" upgrade that is suppose to fix the problem.
>
> BTW, I have a BusLogic BT-932 and I have experiemented with
> other controllers, the problem move with the drives themselves.

Oh Jesus !

So .. where can I find the "unofficial" upgrade and how can I upgrade the
disk ?

For now I will re-compile 115 without tagged queue ... but ... what the
heck !!! :(

Have you tried to upgrade the disk ?

Ciao,
Riccardo.