Re: umount2

Ulrich Drepper (drepper@cygnus.com)
10 Aug 1998 15:04:00 -0700

alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk (Alan Cox) writes:

> So the argument is
>
> glibc 2.1 should present
>
> umount(path,flags)
>
> to the world
>
> but the kernel should present glibc with umount(path) and umount2(path,flags)
>
> Do I understand right >

If it is indeed necessary to provide the two argument version this is
possible with glibc 2.1 since we have a awy to provide binary
compatibility.

But this will of course course irritation since it's an interface but
given that Andries is the only person who has to worry about this it
might be acceptable. For the kernel interface you are right. Rename
oldumount back to umount and rename umount to umount2 and we shouldn't
have any problems at the libc side.