Re: Bug: PCI discovered primary peer bus

peloy@ven.ra.rockwell.com
9 Aug 1998 04:54:14 GMT

I have reported this problem since 2.1.112 (or 113), I think, when Martin
did some changes to bios32.c. Compilation of bios32.c broke in 2.1.114
and the fix in 2.1.115 still caused that "PCI discovered primary peer
bus" on my machine. I disabled access to PCI through the BIOS and am
using direct access right now mi no problems. I don't know if this the
correct way of setting this up because PCI access through the BIOS
used to work perfectly before 2.1.112. I've bugged Martin Mares a
couple of times regarding this but have not got any answer...

peloy.-

James M. J. Cassidy <jcassidy@mice.dyn.ml.org> wrote:

> I know someone reported this error before with 2.1.114 and I was wondering
> if they found out what the cause of it was. I'm willing to try any patches
> to see if they work.
>
> The error is: (both with 2.1.114 and 2.1.115 kernels)
>
> when I boot up it keeps printing the message:
> PCI discovered primary peer bus xx
> (where xx is a number)
> after a little bit the kernel oppss's then reboots the machine.
>

> -
> Please read the FAQ at http://www.altern.org/andrebalsa/doc/lkml-faq.html

Eloy A. Paris Information Technology Department Rockwell Automation Venezuela Telephone: +58-2-9432311 Fax: +58-2-9431645