Re: 2.1.115 success!

Michel Catudal (bbcat@netonecom.net)
Sat, 08 Aug 1998 18:39:55 -0400

Kalle Andersson wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>
> I've been running 2.1.115 for 24hours now. No problems at all so far..
> pty's are working, (some seem to have problems with this, I'm running
> Debian 2.0 beta1)
> sound works
> ipchains works (Couldn't get it to work around 2.1.110)
> and everything else which I need.
> I believe this is the first time when everything I need is working on a
> clean devel kernel.. Usually I needed to fetch some ac patches and other
> stuff.

I just booted on this new kernel and it seemed to work well. It still
has the bug with the locals.

to get the accents to work under the console I have to reload lat1.uni

loadunimap lat1.uni

I thought that was supposed to be done by the kernel.

What's the deal here, a bug? or do I need to put this command in
a script from now on?

--
Tired of Windows' rebootive multitasking?
then try Linux's preemptive multitasking