Re: 3c509.c and MCA

Adam Fritzler (afritz@delphid.ml.org)
Sat, 8 Aug 1998 15:54:53 -0700 (MST)

It hasn't worked for a really, really long time (I think even some of the
2.0 relases were bad). I made a patch around here somewhere to move it to
use the new MCA routines, but I can't seem to find it at the moment.

(I'm still trying to believe that such a small number of people actually
use the MCA code that it doesn't get maintained...)

af

On Sat, 8 Aug 1998 Andries.Brouwer@cwi.nl wrote:

> I happened to notice that 3c509.c does not compile when CONFIG_MCA
> is defined. (It uses undefined routines like mca_adapter_select_mode().)
> Tracing back, it seems that this has never worked: this CONFIG_MCA
> was first added for 0.99.14, and already at that time it didnt compile.
> Still, the code has been changed a few times, e.g. for 1.1.53,
> 2.1.15, 2.1.100. (And at the latest change the #if 0 from 2.1.15
> was changed back again into #ifdef CONFIG_MCA .)
> What do people do to make this work? Are there patches somewhere?
> People that touched this code include Alan Cox, Andrea Arcangeli,
> Philip Blundell.
>
> Andries
>
> -
> Please read the FAQ at http://www.altern.org/andrebalsa/doc/lkml-faq.html