Re: es1370 broken as non-module

Jeff Lightfoot (thefoot2@ykt0.attnet.or.jp)
3 Aug 1998 10:54:24 +0900

Anil B. Somayaji wrote:
>Since 2.1.111, I've noticed that I can no longer build the es1370
>driver directly in to the kernel. The weird part is that the build
>only fails at the final link, and it fails because several symbols
>have unique id's attached to them. (Below is an excerpt from a failed
>build of 2.1.113.) However, when I build it as a module, everything
>works. FYI, I'm running a pretty vanilla Debian 2.0 system.
>
>Anyone have a clue why? Thanks!

FWIW, this is also happening here, but it happens as far back as 2.1.109. I
noticed this while trying to track down what might be a memory leak in the
es1370 module.

The memleak detector is not picking the leak up, but free/vmstat is and
eventually I get errors of 'sound buffer size no correct' from splay and
bash can not fork.....

Hmmm.. I guess this is what you get when a luser like me tries to debug
something. :-)