Re: Mount in VCD-Format

Chng Tiak-Jung (tiakjung@krdl.org.sg)
Mon, 03 Aug 1998 11:20:21 +0800

marc.hansen@tg.fh-giessen.de wrote:
> is it possible to read and burn in VCD-Format under Linux?
> I havent read something about that in the manpage from mount.
> Does somebody now something about that?

The last I saw about mounting a VCD for reading was using userfs
with a readvcd program. However, userfs can only work under 2.0.x
kernel; there isn't a 2.1.x port yet.

My personal experience for the best way of playing a VCD under
Linux is to use readxa and pipe the output directly to mpegtv
player. You should be about find the source of readxa at mpegtv's
web site.

As for burning a VCD under Linux, I am not sure because I don't
play around with CDR yet.

Regards,
T J

--
Chng Tiak-Jung                            Internet: tiakjung@krdl.org.sg
Kent Ridge Digital Labs	                              Tel: (65) 874-6700