Re: Could you tell me how to prompt a message at boot promt

Ishak Jamil (ishakj@usa.net)
Sat, 18 Jul 1998 21:27:07 +0000

Sony Lloyd Ponton wrote:

> Hi,
> Say I wanna see a message at Boot prompt...Exple: Here s MY computer!!!
>
> How to??

I'm not very sure what you're looking for but read on and see if this is
what you want:

Edit your /etc/issue (for message shown at the login screen) and/or
/etc/motd (for message shown right after user logged in). Note however,
on slackware /etc/rc.d/rc.S will overwrite both files at boot time, so you
have to edit the file as well.

. . . Ishak

p/s: just curious: I've seen several names with email address
aromes@microtec.net (SLP, JLP, Tony J, James Lloyd, and now Sony Lloyd
Ponton) over the past several days. Are they the same person, or
aromes@microtec.net is some kind of anonymous mail address?