Re: question

Alistair Riddell (alistair@watsons.edin.sch.uk)
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 22:25:49 +0100 (BST)

If this isn't in the FAQ then it should be...

The /proc filesystem is a virtual filesystem - it doesn't exist on disk
anywhere. It is just a simple interface to some of the kernel innards. So
kcore does not take up any disk space.

You would be well advised to leave it alone unless you know what you're
doing since it maps to the kernel memory space.

--
Alistair Riddell - BOFH
IT Support Department, George Watson's College, Edinburgh