Re: Linux to replace Windows CE?

NIIBE Yutaka (gniibe@mri.co.jp)
Thu, 16 Jul 1998 07:49:32 +0900

Andi Kleen writes:
> The SH4 would be a great CPU to run Linux on! I have documentation here,
> and started some design work targetted at the simulator, but it never went
> anywhere because Hitachi didn't want to give me Hardware anymore.

I have the documentation too. Hitachi gives the documentation to
anyone who wants for free (at least for SH-4), the documentation
handling depertment is very kind. :-) Perhaps, I had contacted
wrong people. All are "hardware-type" engineers.

> An advantage of the SH is that there is already a functional GNU gcc/
> binutils/gdb port.

Yes, thanks Cygnus Solutions, for me it works fine on x86
cross-compiling environment.

Currently, I'm trying getting Windows CE Reference Platform (of
Hitachi) to develop Linux/SH :-). Any information about it is
appriciated. Has anyone tried?

--
NIIBE Yutaka