Re: VM: Found a writable swap-cached page!

Chris Wedgwood (chris@cybernet.co.nz)
Wed, 1 Jul 1998 10:24:02 +1200

On Tue, Jun 30, 1998 at 11:17:27PM +0100, Ganesh Sittampalam wrote:

> Fair enough, wine can still be pretty unstable, but am I correct in
> assuming that it is actually a kernel bug that is causing that particular
> message to happen (i.e. shouldn't the bug in wine cause a slight less
> dramatic problem)?

Its a kernel bug, and wine is one of the few things that brings it out.

I guess DOSEMU might also bring it out because I assuming its something
related to LDT twiddling as thats the only odd thing wine does.

I wonder if wine were to ditch Win16 support if it could be made to work
without playing LDT games. With Luse98 out, Win16 is becoming more and more
obsolete and Win32 pretty much the norm. everywhere (sad to say).

-Chris