Re: 2.1.107 & hosed fb on intel

Doug Rohrer (dtr2@twinlights.org)
Sat, 27 Jun 1998 11:18:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 26 Jun 1998, James Michael Mastros wrote:

> I'd say that this is enough to establish a pattern. Is anybody getting
> black-on-black from vgafb who _isn't_ using a s3 or s3v?
>
> -=- James Mastros
> --
> True mastery is knowing enough to bullshit the rest.
> -=- Me

I have an OEM STB Velocity 128 (Riva128 chipset) which claims very
specifically to be VESA 2.0 compliant. I get black on black and then a
lockup as well (this with either vesafb or vgafb). Is there somewhere we
can stick some printk's in the vesafb or vgafb code to try to investigate
this further? I did get some entries in my messages file once (out of
about 10 bootups).

Doug Rohrer