Re: Weird spelling fixes in 2.1.107

Peter-Paul Witta (e9525748@student.tuwien.ac.at)
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 10:47:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 26 Jun 1998, David S. Miller wrote:

> I really am getting ticked as well about these gratuitous
> spelling/grammer changes. If I put fucking "Uh-huh" in a comment, it
> is a part of my personality and my style and I wanted it there just
> like that, and there is no good reason to remove it. This is getting
> out of control.

otoh, corrections can help to understand what you meant when you did it.
remember, when the maintaner changes, or simplay if one wants to read
linux source in some years from now, some "kewl" spellings could have
changed. please do also think of the majority of non-native english
speakers who might have trouble with "sloppy" english comments.

likewise, some non-native speakers tend to make errors in english docs,
errors that cound lead to misunderstanding.

i agree that corrections have to be made in cooperation with the
maintainer, but i do appreciate THAT they are done. let's calm down and
see how things are going to be. remeber, in commercial developement
documentation and source qualitiy assurance includes this type of work...

kind regards, http://stud2.tuwien.ac.at/~e9525748/ 2:310/220.264
Peter-Paul Witta e9525748@student.tuwien.ac.at 436764605536@max.mail.at
SAMBA SUPPORT - FAX SOLUTIONS - INTRANET / EXTRANET - DBMS SQL SOLUTIONS