Re: linux-kernel-digest V1 #2052

Riley Williams (rhw@bigfoot.com)
Fri, 5 Jun 1998 22:07:41 +0100 (BST)

Hi David.

> with the cases where who drives same priority work, are these ide
> drives on the same controller? If it is then we are still back to
> the case where it thrashes if two drives are accessed
> similtaniously

Good point. Of the responses I've had so far, only two have stated
type of controller (both SCSI, one thrashed, the other didn't), and
none have stated channels, so I honestly don't know...

Can everybody who's given a report please provide these details to
help with the analysis?

Best wishes from Riley.