Re: A new K6 bug. Re: Some more data-points for "crashme"

rohloff@informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 06:41:20 +0200

On Sun, May 31, 1998 at 05:26:34PM +0200, Andreas Haumer wrote:
> Benoit Poulot-Cazajous wrote:

> > I have also tried crashme on my K6 (step 2) and found, after many tries, that
> > 'crashme +2000 18268 100' crashes the system instantaneously if and only if
> > the kernel version is <= 2.1.42. The problem disappear with a Cyrix P200+.
> >
> I also have found a way to reproduce the crash by calling crashme that
> way:
>
> % crashme +2000.0 3306 100 12:00:00 3

Could you try to find out which opcodes are called by this seeds ?
(Perhaps it's possible to debug the program with gdb and reproduce
the crashes under gdb control. Then it would perhaps be possible
to track it down to one assembler instruction.
)

I myself couldn't crash the system, but I only tried it on a 2.1.96
kernel at the moment, I will try it soon with a 2.0.33,
but I have to compile it first.

so long
Ingo