Re: Volunteer to collect pointers to INFORMATION

The Thought Assassin (assassin@south.networx.net.au)
Mon, 1 Jun 1998 23:15:33 +0800 (WST)

On Tue, 12 May 1998, Juan-Mariano de Goyeneche wrote:

> So, if you agree and think it would be usefull (Linus?), I volunteer to
> maintain a list of those URLs for beginners to start. If you have one, PLEASE,
> send it to me and I'll add it to the list.

David Rusling's 'The Linux Kernel' at: (amongst others)
http://www.ssc.com/linux/LDP/LDP/tlk/tlk.html

I am certain you will already have this site in your list, but may I
suggest you recommend it as the _first_ place a prospective kernel-hacker
should look? It is approachable by the beginner, and gives all of the
necessary basics that make it a whole lot easier to understand the other
sources of information on the net.
There are a whole lot of other places I know of, so I'll wait til I've
seen your list, then send you anything else I can think of.

good luck with this project, there is certainly a need for it,

-Greg Mildenhall