Re: About crypt...

Alex Buell (alex.buell@tahallah.demon.co.uk)
Fri, 22 May 1998 09:54:23 -0400

linux-kernel@progressive-comp.com wrote:

> I believe the loop device has hooks to use DES or IDEA encryption.
> You must add the DES code yourself; it can't ship with the kernel.

WHy hasn't someone come up with a way to use PGP on the crypted
filesystem?

Ie. you stick in a floppy disk with the PGP key on it on bootup in order
to read the data on the filesystem.

PGP is better than DES/IDEA (AFAIK, the secret intelligence people can
break DES/IDEA).

--
Cheers,
Alex.

Watch out, the NSA are everywhere. Your computer must be watched!

/\_/\ Legalise cannabis now! ( o.o ) Smoke some cannabis today! > ^ < Peace, Love, Unity and Respect to all.