Re: ppp problems in 2.1.102

Shaw Carruthers (shaw@shawc.demon.co.uk)
Mon, 18 May 1998 23:44:07 +0100 (GMT+0100)

On Mon, 18 May 1998, mlord wrote:

> But I have a script which then loops and tries again,
> and always succeeds on second attempt.

I have had this problem since many 2.1.xx kernels ago. As far as I can
diagnose when pppd drops the line , it does not clear the buffer and
leaves some characters there. This causes the next AT command to my modem
to fail.

I posted the problem to this list some time last year but had no takers.

As a workaround I now have an ip-down script which uses chat to clear
the ttyS and reset the modem.

-- Shaw Carruthers - shaw@shawc.demon.co.uk
London SW14 7JW UK
This is not a sig( with homage to Magritte).