Re: hda: unexpected_intr: status=0xd0 { Busy }

Brian Rogers (brogers@why.net)
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 00:46:26 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 18 Mar 1998, Herbert Xu wrote:

> My question is, is this a sure sign of a hardware problem or could this
> be a bug in the ide drivers? And if it's a hardware problem, is it more
> likely to be the disk controller (which is on-board) or the disk?

In my experience, it's a sign of impending drive failure. I advise
replacing that hard drive as soon as possible. I have never seen these
messages caused by a bad controller.

/* Brian Rogers, professional geek, coffee achiever */