Re: NFS weirdness

Steven N. Hirsch (shirsch@ibm.net)
Mon, 2 Mar 1998 18:42:33 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 2 Mar 1998, Erwin J. van Eijk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using nfs to mount from a HP/UX server. That gives the "usual"
> trouble, which I got rid of (more or less) by applying a patch by Bill
> Hawes.
>
> - But I ran in some weirdness, one of them being:
>
> Mar 2 15:30:20 hyper kernel: nfs_revalidate_inode: eijk/.Xauthority getattr failed, ino=19455, error=-116

I started having trouble with 2.1.88 against a Linux NFS server.
Processes on the server stopped being able to obtain authorization! When
I rebooted the client machine, it complained bitterly during shutdown and
spat out the same type of message you mention above. Afterwards,
everything on the client began working again.. Looks like something had a
lock on .Xauthority?

Steve