Re: Compilation problems with net/ipv4/ip_masq_app.c

Adam Heath (adam.heath@usa.net)
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 18:04:59 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, root wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I don't recall this being mentioned before, apologies if I missed it
> (or haven't got it yet).
>
> I've got he 2.1.85 kernel, and I've applied the ip_masq_nomodules
> patch (although, looking at it, this doesn't seem to have been the
> problem). Anyway, the net/ipv4/ip_masq_app.c file didn't compile,
> starting off with a parse error, and then a few more errors, obviously
> generated because gcc was confused by then. Looking at the source, I
> noticed that there was simply a '(' missing from a line near the
> bottom. Once I fixed this, it compiled okay.
>
> I've attached a patch (for completeness really), it is my first one
> :), so apologies if I've messed up anything.

You are correct. The patch is wrong. I am the other of the patch, and I
wonder why I never had a problem. I will fix my version.

Other than that, does it work well? Have you tried attaching to other than
the default ports? Please, tell me(and the list) if it does or doesn't work.
Linus, Alan, could you please get this into the kernel?

Adam