Re: Updated set of diffs

Zlatko Calusic (Zlatko.Calusic@CARNet.hr)
10 Feb 1998 15:53:16 +0100

alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk (Alan Cox) writes:

> I've updated the diff set I did, added some more fixes and other bits ot
> it and checked it over. Its sitting on
>
> ftp.uk.linux.org:/pub/linux/incoming/2.1.85-alandiff.gz
>
> Alan

I tried it, and I must admit Alan that you've done a great work.
Thanks goes also to Tom Lees for his great PNP package. I hope it will
go into mainstream as soon as possible (2.1.86). I'm waiting for it to
happen for a long time.

After I applied the patch (I ignored hunk mentioning tcp.c.rej, and
changed that one line in isa_isolate.c), everything was compiling
great until I hit awe_wave.c. Since I knew from before that PNP
support has problems with AWE code, I just disabled AWE support, and
then everything worked fine. Couldn't be better (except for missing
wavetable support, but that will probably be fixed soon).

After I rebooted into the new kernel, I expected lots of oopsen, but
instead, my SB AWE32 PNP was recognized automaticaly without any
problems, and for the first time after I bought that card I had
completely module-free kernel that was working like a charm (and still
is, as I'm typing this).

Linus, go ahead and put that into 2.1.86, please!!! :)

Very, VERY good work! Thanks once more.

Regards,

--
Posted by Zlatko Calusic           E-mail: <Zlatko.Calusic@CARNet.hr>