Re: warnings while compiling 2.1.81

Michael Elizabeth Chastain (mec@shout.net)
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 01:11:47 -0600

Thomas Molina writes:
> ppp.c:3181: warning: `ppp_register_compressor' defined but not used
> ppp.c:3208: warning: `ppp_unregister_compressor' defined but not used

I have a patch for this:

<ftp://ftp.shout.net/pub/users/mec/patch/ppp-warning.2182>

It turns out that ppp_register_compressor and ppp_unregister_compressor
are used only when CONFIG_MODULES is defined, so I slapped a
#ifdef CONFIG_MODULES around their definitions.

Thomas, this is the same patch you tested. It works for me too.
So if no one else has a problem with it, I'll send it to Linus in
about 24 hours.

Michael Chastain
<mailto:mec@shout.net>
"love without fear"