Re: 3.0 wishlist Was: Overview of 2.2.x goals?

Dan Hollis (goemon@sasami.anime.net)
Mon, 19 Jan 1998 11:55:49 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 19 Jan 1998, John Carol Langford wrote:
> > > * Ethernet load balencing (I've seen stuff to do that)
> > Generic load balancing. eql has big performance problems and needs a major
> > overhaul.
> I expect a better solution follows the form of equal cost multipathing +
> more interesting load balancing algorithms.

If you have been following the discussion, Alexey Kuznetsov declared this
is impossible in linux. Even though Cisco can do it, Alexey declared Linux
too mature for that sort of childish nonsense (multipath+balancing) :-)

-Dan