Re: 2.0.33: 21140 and Oversized Ethernet frame

Blu3Viper (david@127-0-0-1.kalifornia.com)
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 23:12:52 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 18 Dec 1997, Dave Wreski wrote:
> Hi all. I have been stress-testing a RH 5.0 box with DEC 21140 10/100
> cards before moving it into production, and I am receiving the following
> messages:
>
> eth0: Oversized Ethernet frame spanned multiple buffers, status 7fffceff!
> eth0: Oversized Ethernet frame spanned multiple buffers, status 061981a6!
> eth0: Oversized Ethernet frame spanned multiple buffers, status 7fffceff!
> eth0: Oversized Ethernet frame spanned multiple buffers, status 061f81a2!

two things.

1) upgrade tulip.c (get it from cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov) current beta is 86I
but the beta is plenty good for production.

2) don't use full duplex in the old tulip driver. solved by #1

-d

[reply to: david@127-0-0-1.kalifornia.com without the 127-0-0-1.]
*** *** Flames will go to /dev/null
** WARNING ** SPAM mail will be returned to you at a
*** *** minimum rate of 50,000 copies per email